Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Isfahan Rocks !



I couldn't believe it when I saw this picture on the daily dish. This is Isfahan, probably the most beautiful city I have ever been to. Above is the enormous and spectacularly attractive Khomeini square, crammed with reformist protesters. I know for a fact that the trendy middle class from Northern Tehran who have been leading the protests in recent days often mock their compatriots in the city of Isfahan for being too old fashioned, conservative, religious and loyal to the regime. I didn't get that impression when I was there, and the above picture certainly challenges that stereotype. Keep it up Isfahan. No doubt this demonstration is connected to the violence inflicted on students in an Isfahan university student dormitory where at least one student was killed on Monday night. I will post details of that incident when I have more information.

2 comments:

edoirfandi said...

i m from indonesia adn i love iran.
especially ahmaddinejad.
congratulatrion for your country, because your president is great.

Ted Leddy said...

Thanks edoirfani

I'm not actually Iranian and I don't like Ahmadinejad but I do love Iran so I suppose we have that it common.