Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bloody Sunday Tehran

As I posted on my Twitter page I was at the U2 concert in Croke Park on Monday a week ago. It was the best concert I have ever been to mainly thanks to the spectacular stage and light show. Don't get me wrong, the music was good too. But the highlight for me was when Bono blasted out Bloody Sunday to images of the protests in Tehran. The song Bloody Sunday was written to commemorate the murder of 13 civil rights marchers in Derry by British paratroopers in 1972. This is why the song is particularly appropriate background music for the current Iranian crisis. It was very astute of U2 to highlight the murderous crackdown by the Iranian authorities of civil rights demonstrators in Iran. I tried to film it with my phone but it didn't turn out right, thankfully some other punter put it up on youtube. Enjoy !


No comments: