Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gotta Love Glenn Beck

I have found myself in recent times becoming addicted to American radio and TV talk show programmes. I'm talking about the likes of Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olberman, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Bill Maher, Alan Combs and Rachel Maddow. Its not that I tune in to these political pundits because they're good. I think they are entertaining. But then again, these people are not in the media business, they are in the entertainment industry. With these eccentrics its all about creating controversy in order to improve ratings. Each one is constantly trying to out do the other in outrageous statements. Watch this brief clip below of Glenn Beck on Fox news discussing the recent race controversy that President Obama became embroiled in.



This is just how it is in America. The left are as bad as the right. MSNBC are now for Obama what Fox news was for Bush, loyal supporters. But as someone who is used to the Irish media I have to say I find it all incredibly crass and somewhat surreal. Watching these shows is sometimes like watching an episode of The West Wing. Perhaps that's just how it is in the world of privately owned media.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its really irking this fella that there's a black man in the white house. He's just so uncomfortable with the idea, you can see him squirming with hatred, trying to pass it off as Obama's problem. What a weirdo. He probably has a small penis. eoghan.

Ted Leddy said...

Eoghan

Maybe. But to be honest I reckon his thing is just being as controversial as possible. There are lots and lots of cringy stuff on you tube with this guy. But who knows, maybe he doesn't have a penis at all.

J.A.C. said...

HiTed
I came across your blog today and wanted to thank you so much for such an informative piece of work.
At present I am very proactive in the upholding of Human Rights for Asylum Seekers in the UK although my main job makes it increasingly difficult to do so,and I am not high profile which makes a massive difference. Nevertheless I am very aware that by standing as a community, changes can be made. Your blog was very informative and well put together and I would really like to follow it.
Maybe you could check out mine and possibly become a follower, you would be most welcome. Thank you again.

Ted Leddy said...

J.A.C

I have only become aware of your comment today. Apologies for the late response. I will certainly make an effort to follow your blog in the future as the rights of asylum seekers is an issue I also feel strongly about.

Thanks for the comment.

All the best

Ted