Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ivory Coast V Republic of Ireland

Ok, I have been getting a lot of abuse on facebook and elsewhere because of my inability in Paris to distinguish the Irish flag from that of the west African country of Ivory Coast.

Below is the Irish flag


Below is the flag of the Ivory Coast


Note my unforgivable blunder in Paris


I would like to offer an unconditional apology to the Irish nation for disrespecting her sacred flag. In my defence though I was jarred at the time and the mirror was telling me that the colours were the right way around.

Some photos from Paris.
Myself and some of the boys at the pre match party under the Eiffel Tower

The magnificent Stad De France

The Magnificent Green Army

Myself and Colin looking a bit glum afterward.

4 comments:

DT said...

We still love you Ted.

Ted Leddy said...

Cheers DT

Even so, it was an amateur mistake

FromJoanne said...

And are you also coming to Cape Town for the WC 2010 ? :)

Ted Leddy said...

Joanne its a dream of mine to go to South Africa. I am fascinated in your country. I was planning to go to South Africa for the World Cup until Thiery Henry cheated Ireland out of it (its still an open wound). I don't think I'll make it over now, not without Ireland in it. But I'll be watching it all.