Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm back blogging

Its great to be back blogging. Exams went well and its a return to daily posting for me. I have lots to catch up on. Ireland has a new Defence Minister and violence has flared up on the West Bank for the first time in 8 years. The continued building of Jewish settlements in East Jerusalem came to a head in recent weeks culminating in the Joe Biden incident in Jerusalem and Obama's snubbing of Bibi Netenyahu in Washington. It has been a truly remarkable week for Barack Obama. He finally managed to push through his massive health care reform bill before agreeing a new nuclear arms reduction treaty with Moscow. He rounded it all off with a surprise trip to Afghanistan where he met with under fire Afghan President Hamid Karzai as well as US troops. These are all issues and incidents I want to discuss in detail over the next few days. Perhaps most interestingly though I want to inform my readers about the recent spats I have gotten into with the Muslim Public Affairs Committee, an Irish based organisation that promotes what I consider to be extreme views in this country. Be warned, its not pretty. This is all to come. In the meantime watch Obamas speech to US troops at Bagram military base, Afghanistan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell us more about your spats with the muslims...

Paul said...

Well I've had spats with MPACUK as well. The lesson learned? MPAC=Islamists. They describe themselves as Jihadists (non-violent type) on their own website. When was the last time they condemned an honour killing or a suicide bombing?