Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Iranian Foreign Minister tries to speak in Dublin.

I have had quite an interesting day (to put it mildly). I attended a talk by Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki at the Irish Institute of European Affairs. Attending with me was an Iranian Kurdish friend of mine, Shaho Zamani who naturally was unhappy when the foreign minister began lying about the harmonious relationship that exists in Iran between the various ethnic groups. Given the regimes reputation of ruthlessly suppressing the Kurds and the fact that they executed five Kurdish men because of their political activity only last month my friend did not react well. I filmed his reaction below and his treatment at the hands of the Iranian security. I have much more on this to come tomorrow, including footage of the Foreign Minister getting pelted with eggs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great footage Ted, your friend has some neck, fair play to him, he obviously believes in what he's saying...

Anonymous said...

Here are some more brave people who tell it like it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HF0hTnsfBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMZGlat-0Q

Though I suspect Ted and Co. won't quite see it the same way

Donjuan said...

Some Video Ted, great footage and well handled

Ted Leddy said...

Anonymous

Thanks. Its not a question of neck. If you had been through what he has at the hands of the Iranian regime you would be fairly fired up too.

Ted Leddy said...

Anonymous

Thanks for the links. I wouldn't heckle the Israeli ambassador. But I have no problem with anyone who does so long as the contents of the heckle are reasonable. I don't like hearing shouts of "Israel is a Nazi state" ect. The Israeli Palestinian situation is obviously extremely sensitive and I respect the rights of Muslims, particularly Palestinians to feel very emotional about certain things. I do however think it is over the top and inappropriate for non Muslim Palestinian supporters to engage in these types of disruptions.

But I appreciate you referring to my friend as brave even if it is by association. Although I suspect if you are affiliated with the MPAC.ie you would prefer to see him hang as a Shia and a Kurd.

Ted Leddy said...

Donjuan

Thanks big fella

It was fairly intense alright.