Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy White Christmas

I must apologise to all my readers for taking so long to respond to recent comments. This week, Dublin has seen the heaviest snow in 30 years and it has wreaked havoc on my life. On Tuesday I attended the wedding of a friend in Castleknock in West Dublin. The reception was in Carton House near Maynooth. It took me three hours to make the 25 mile journey in a blizzard. I also was forced to stay in the hotel as it was impossible to get back to Dublin. Anyway, this and the fact that I was behind schedule for the rest of the week s my excuse for being off line. So, here are a selection of pictures from a very snowy Christmas. It is in fact, the first proper white Christmas I have ever experienced.


The scene outside the church


The fields around Carton House.


My Car


The Street outside my house

Some very strange, large looking icicles.

I would like to wish all my readers at Gubu World a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

2 comments:

Gary said...

And very Merry Christmas to you too, Ted!
Gary

Ted Leddy said...

Thanks Gary

I hope you have a good one !