Monday, May 2, 2011

DEAD



Picture the scene. I woke up this morning at 11:00am, on a boat (sorry, I should have informed my readers I would be offline for a few days while I attended the stag party of a friend of mine on the river Shannon) in the beautiful village of Shannon bridge on the Galway Offaly border. I was hung over to bits. I had slept in my clothes. I picked up my iphone and pulled a very contorted face as I read a Breaking News pop up message from Fox News that read Osama Bin Laden buried at sea. How long have I been on this boat was my first thought? What the hell did I miss? I investigated further (via iphone media applications) and read that 24 US Navy Seals had attacked a compound north of Islamabad and killed Osama Bin Laden. It is a great thing that the man who murdered so many, did not die of natural causes. Much more to come on this but for now, just enjoy this song, which I reckon the Navy Seals probably played in the helicopter as they flew back to their Afghan base.

Profanity Warning.

2 comments:

GW said...

That song is hilarious. I was up on the DMZ in Korea back in the 90's when Lee Greenwood performed "Proud to be an American" about 3 km from North Korea and about half a click from the mine fields along the Z. They were on a tour and had not even brought their instruments - but our battalion cdr, who was a Greenwood fanatic and who knew they were coming, had instruments on hand for them and convinced them to play for us.

That was our anthem in the army for years and years. I don't know if Fuck Yeah has replaced it, but it certainly makes for a great addition.

Ted Leddy said...

GW

The Fuck Yeh song is not exactly the "Wind of change" by the scorpians but it's pretty cool all the same.

Good story, I wonder if the North Korean border guards could hear Greenwood playing. Maybe it even converted one or two.