Monday, June 20, 2011

Rush Limbaugh on Family Guy

It's good to see the icons of the far left and far right occasionally getting along just for the fun of it. When I heard Rush Limbaugh was playing himself in an episode of Family Guy I was enthralled. I though why oh why would the ultimate symbol of right wing America agree to go on a show run by Seth Macfarlane. Conservatives generally detest Family Guy which is strange considering the right are always complaining about political correctness yet dislike politically incorrect humour. Limbaugh answers that question pretty well himself in the clip below. Over the years I have become much more conservative than in my younger radical days but one area where I have remained as left wing as you can get is in the area of comedy. That is because there are no funny conservative comedians, not one. While I generally disagree with their serious message, I just can't get enough of Bill Hicks, Bill Maher, George Carlin, Rory Bremer, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, Family Guy, The Simpsons and anyone else who loves to poke fun at the political establishment. Enjoy the clip.

4 comments:

Gary said...

Ted,
Great clip. Personally I could not agree more. Political Correctness is choking the humor out of society. I enjoy good comedians who help us keep from take things too seriously and help point out the ridiculousness of being too politically correct.
Gary

thesystemworks said...

No funny conservative comedians? Does Boris Johnson not count?

The left do play to emotions better than their opponents, which is why they tend to dominate in the arts and culture.

I don't like Family Guy that much. I don't own a TV, but I watched some of it online with my younger brother, and we had some of the seasons on DVD in Ireland. That said, I liked the Limbaugh episode, which I saw recently. They can do cheeky stuff on race and such that I found great, gags nowhere to be seen on the live-action shows.

Ted Leddy said...

Gary

Glad you liked it. Limbaugh said it best, you have to be able to laugh at yourself. And you have to be able to laugh at things you're not supposed to. Family Guy make fun of everyone, even the Palestinians. See below !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7DZRqHqlp4

Ted Leddy said...

TSW

Good one, big Boris Johnson actually would make a great comedian.

On Family Guy, I think it's the shock factor. That and being able to laugh at what we are not supposed to. The episode in Ireland was particularly funny.