Monday, September 17, 2012

Bo##$x it anyway !

There is a US Presidential debate taking place at the American embassy in Dublin tonight between well known US pundits Leslie Marshall and Michael Graham. The debate will be moderated by RTE's Sean O'Rourke, have a small interactive audience and be broadcast live on radio. I entered a competition on twitter last week to attend the debate which required me to name the Vice presidential residence. Without having to consult the internet (aren't I great) I answered the question straight away which was of course the "Naval Observatory". I was confident of victory. However fate was working against me. On Friday I attended a friends wedding in the beautiful but remote venue of Lough Rynn in Co Lietrim. Unfortunately the internet reception on my phone was very weak. Later that night when I checked my twitter on noticing that I was temporarily connected to the net I had five messages from the US embassy. The first message was to congratulate me on winning. The second was a public tweet announcing the five winners. The third was a message asking for my details for the background security check. The fourth was a message telling me that I had until 5pm to respond. The fifth was telling me that unless I responded with my details in the next 20 minutes they would have to offer it to someone else. Well Bo##$x it anyway.

No comments: